Matthew asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 month ago

Are submarine sandwiches fast food?

Trying to settle an argument. Are subs, gyros, heros, etc. considered fast food? I say no. I think they are in a category all their own. You could call subway fast food I guess. But I don't like subway. I always get restaurant level subs from the local Italian restaurant. And firehouse subs on occasion. And that little food kart in front of Lowe's hardware store. Those things might be just bread and grease, but they are delicious. LOL!!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes of course they are just another Junk food outlet

• 3 weeks ago

Sure is- its a hero and a hero is fast food.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes they are by Google said

• Shay
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Let's consider the definition of "fast food" as defined by Google:

fast food

/ˈˌfas(t) ˈˌfo͞od/

noun

food that can be prepared quickly and easily and is sold in restaurants and snack bars as a quick meal or to be taken out.

What makes a food "fast food" is how easy or quickly the restaurant can fix it for you.  It isn't really about WHAT the food is - it is all about how long does it take from when you order it until you are walking out the door with your food in  your hand.  Personally - anything that takes less than ten minutes from the time I order it until the time I can start eating it is "fast food" - no matter WHAT food it is .

Here is a list of top fast food places - it includes several sub shops.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/content/32-biggest-fas...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Fast food is when you go to a restaurant and have to go to the counter to order, paper plates or bags. Any kind like Mexican, chinese and more can be.

• No I don't think they're fast food, but they're good, I love them, especially jyros, jyros are my favorite! Eat one for me! 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well they are made quite fast,  so...….. 

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

At one point they were referred to as quick food as oppose to fast food.

• 1 month ago

I think they are outlet restaurants. 

• Mog
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it’s fast and it’s food, it’s fast food. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.