Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Can you prove the existence of God?

Can you? I myself believe in God, but I dont believe you can actually prove the existence of God. God for me is about faith, which is an emotion imo. It's not about proof. People have experiences but you can not prove an experience. 

.

No.  The definition of 'God' means He cannot be "proven" or "disproven".  God is a subjective awareness we accept, or not, on 'faith', which doesn't require "proof" or "evidence".  Any proof "for" or "against" the existence of God can only result in 'counter-proof'.  An 'Unlimited Being' would not be restricted to the boundaries of a 'this' and 'that', 'here' and 'there', 'now' and 'then'.  

For thousand of years, theists and atheist disputed faith on the mutual ground that there can be no proof or disproof for God.  This changed around the 16th century, during the "scientific revolution" of Europe, when a marginalized band of intellectuals and scientists claimed God can be disproven through material observation.  Material fundamentalism created a Christian fundamentalist response, where many people don't seem to know the fundamental definition of 'God'. 

• Paul

Faith is not an emotion. It is knowledge resulting from consideration of the available evidence.

• Jim V

“Prove” ... that depends on what you want as and accept as proof. 

I look at the question of Gods existence this way; God is the best explanation for why anything exists and all of the attributes we see in existence. 

IOW, God is the foundation that gives everything a reasonable and coherent ontology. 

Non-theism cannot provide a basis for the existence of the temporal world, let alone observed attributes such as design, life from non-life, consciousness, person-hood, reason, choice, morality, justice, intrinsic human value, evil, love etc. 

Atheism, as held by many atheists as “simply a lack of belief, cannot even explain itself. 

Follow the evidence to where it leads. 

Knowing God is the result of seeking God.   

Not just on the intellectual level, but on the level of our spirit. 

No, there is no compelling evidence for any gods.  Almost certainly because there are no gods.

A refreshing change to find a real Christian on here! Religion, and Atheism is just  faith or opinion. There is no evidence available.

• God allegedly used to appear as burning bushes, clouds of fire and fiery whirlwinds.  I'd say it'd be quite easy to prove the existence of God.

The Christ made sure nothing of His remainded on earth

• Not yet. Maybe not ever.

No. No one can either prove or disprove God. He reserves that privilege for himself. In the meantime, we share his word as he commands.

Isaiah 45:23 KJV — I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess to God 

The Bible is proof.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

.

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven