Been getting "download Microsoft Edge 2. ?

Has anyone done that? Is it real or a scam. I pushed the downoad now button once and it didn't seem to do anything. I keep getting it wondering if I should.

Favorite Answer

Yea, I tried it, then promptly deleted it ..............

Edge is the slowest browser...

Possibly real, but unless you are an Edge user, probably unimportant.

• Bill-M

Edge does have an update and it had to be downloaded separately.  But the Latest Windows 10 update has included the new Edge.

The current Windows 10 Version is -  Version 2004 Build Number 19041.331

If you open Edge click on the Three Dots in the upper right corner, then in the pop down menu click on HELP and FEED BACK Then on About Microsoft Edge.

This will force an update or let you see the current version of Edge which is 83.0.478.61

while MicroSoft wants you to use their new browser -- i'm resisting as well.  other browsers work well enough for me and likely are less subject to malware attack

Where are you getting this message? There is no "Microsoft Edge 2". Microsoft has released the newer version of Edge which is based on Chromium, but they don't call it "Edge 2".