Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

In your opinion: what are the most realistic movies, and what are the best movies about your home (US) state? ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • TB12
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

What do you mean by "realistic", almost all movies stretch reality for dramatic or comedic effect.

I will say the most realistic movies about my state, (Texas), "Friday Night Lights", "The Last Picture Show" and "Urban Cowboy".

When they were filming Urban Cowboy I was living in Pasadena Texas where they were filming, I hung out at Gilley's and had friends working in the refineries, the entire movie was almost like a depiction of an average weekend for us.

• 4 weeks ago

I was born in Jersey, raised in Maryland.

So basically any Kevin Smith movie would qualify for Jersey.

Maryland has to be the Wire, but that's a TV show, not a movie.  I guess Patriot Games?  That was partially set in Annapolis, MD which is just south of my parent's house.  I recognized about a half dozen shooting locations.  There was a scene where Harrison Ford is being tailed as he leaves the Naval Academy that was right along the route my bus took to take me to high school.

• 4 weeks ago

Good Will Hunting, The Departed,  Fever Pitch, Mystic River, The Verdict

• 4 weeks ago

I thought "Do the Right Thing"  was the truest depiction of Brooklyn I've ever seen on film. 

Clearly made by someone who understood and had lived in Brooklyn. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.