Will Joe Biden win any of the so-called borderline, new, swing states such as Georgia and Texas?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Polling looks pretty good in Texas.  The latest poll has Biden up by five points over Trump in a poll with a 2.5 point margin of error (there are also 14 percent of people who are undecided or say they will vote for neither).  I haven't seen polling Georgia, but that seems more likely to flip.  The demographics in Georgia are trending in the same direction as they have been in North Carolina (which is a closely divided swing state) and Virginia (which is now a blue state).  It's just that Georgia is further behind the curve.  But Georgia Republicans, while still firmly in control of the state, have seen their numbers steadily going down over the 21st century.  Trump got just barely more than 50% of the vote there in 2016, beating Clinton by five points.  Compare this to Romney who got over 53% in the 2012 election and Bush who got 57% in the 2004 election.  Republican Senators in Georgia, while still winning their races, have also seen their numbers decline in each race.  And in 2018 the Republican candidate for Governor beat the Democrat by just 50,000 votes (out of almost 4 million cast).  With demographics further moving in Democrats favor and the poll numbers being so bad for Trump nationally, Biden has a real chance to flip Georgia.

• 4 weeks ago

if he does, he wont realize it

• david
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Good chance.  Trump's lack of leadership on Covid19 and the push to reopen has led to the people ... all the people, to distrust Trump.  I think Biden has a good chance

• TB12
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The current atmosphere here in Texas says he will most likely take Texas,, if he doesn't it will be so close as to give the Republicans something serious to worry about in future elections.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It's difficult to say; my Magic 8 Ball keeps saying "Answer hazy - ask again in 4 months" and I left my crystal ball at the urologists' office.

• 4 weeks ago

Texas and Georgia are both solid red. Remember when liberals claimed Hillary would win both those states? And Trump beat her by 12 and 9 points respectively. 

• 4 weeks ago

Georgia and Texas are Republican states Florida and Virginia  are the swing states.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

"so-called"

No, you saying so doesn't make it true.  Only idiots call it that.

Hilarious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.