Does this sound like asthma ?

I’m 18 years old male, and I’ve never got diagnosed with asthma.

I’m confused right now - Do I have asthma or just panic disorder ? Everytime I go for a walk far away from home, I start to experience fast breathing (hyperventilation) or shortness of breath, numbness, sometimes depersonalisation, fast heartbeat, weird feeling in left leg and stomach, chest pain, and I always have congested nose so that makes everything worse.

No cough no wheezing, and I suffer like this since I had terrible panic attack outside 

I went to doctor, even called an ambulance - They checked me and told me it’s Anxiety (I‘m always thinking I have asthma, pulmonary embolism, heart attack) 

And I’m very stressed before leaving my house, some days I’m feeling much better though.

Do you think I have mild asthma or anxiety ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like anxiety and panic attack.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

As someone with both, the main way to tell the difference is wheezing. If you aren't wheezing it's probably anxiety. 

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It does sound more like anxiety to me. Myself and my wife have both suffered from asthma. She still does and it's basically shortness of breath. It feels like your airway is constricted and you struggle to get enough air into your lungs. There may be some congestion and coughing but not necessarily. No other symptoms are present. I think your doctor should prescribe a mild tranquilliser such as Diazepam aka Valium. This should alleviate your anxiety.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.