Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How do I deal with a guy who gives mixed signals and is poor at communicating the day before meeting?

I'm putting more effort than he is.

Reasons why I believe he's giving mixed signals:

1. asked me to meet his mom

2. said we have the rest of our lives

3. would not text for a day, or take 10 or more hours to reply

4. we hooked up

5. gave me 5 or more of his social media communication

But I drive an hour to see him and keep the convo going, he doesn't keep the convo going. I feel he's a low effort guy. 

also i drive an hour to see him and take a long time just to meet him. His other actions, makes me feel he's breadcrumbing me until he find someone else.

he had given his professional profile also

• Foofa

Unless this is a coworker whom you're forced to interact with you simply don't. You can't possibly be so desperate for friends that you'd tolerate all this just for a personal relationship.

he dont sound interested

Why do some women bend over backwards to 'find ways of communicating'? This may sound harsh - but trust me when I tell you I have seen guys who were so painfully shy STILL get up and make the move on the woman that caught his eye. If he's (really!) interested, he will make his (DEFINITE) move. While you do nothing until he does. Otherwise, do you really want a relationship with someone who has you running around in circles trying to read his mind? 

You tell him how you feel and what your expectation of him are.  He doesn't have the power of telepathy so can't read your mind.  In addition you may be misinterpreting his "signals".  Asking you to meet his Mom isn't because he is ready to get engaged.  It is likely because he is proud to be with you and believes his Mom will approve of you (which is key to some guys).  The guy seems far more laid back than you, which might be why you are a bad match if you can't ease up.  Just trying to help, good luck.

• thesun

He's just a quiet guy....doesn't mean he isn't interested

Meet him same as you. Same same. All mixed and well.