Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Friend developed feelings for me but I don't have them for him and he's persistent.?

I realized about a year ago he had feelings when he got upset when other guys hit on me. Then, he got mad that I told him we're just friends and mentioned that we're "just friends" with sarcastic comments. So we got into a argument and I quit talking to him for a few months. I thought he was over it but a few months later he begin making comments on how basically he's the guy for me etc. I politely turned him down each time which happened way too many times. Now I'm seeing a guy and he got upset when he found out, and he didn't come out and tell me but he was making Facebook posts about it. So I told him yesterday, that I needed space, yet he continues to contact me.  I'm beyond annoyed with it at this point. I feel bad he has feelings and have tried to let him down easy but he doesn't get the point. What do I do?

When its not mutual interest between two people,thats when it doesnt work.He's in the friend zone.No matter what reasons you dont want to get involved with him,he really needs to find girls who are interested in him to start with.Just move on with your life and put some distance between you and him.Its the wisest thing to do as well as the right thing to do.

Block him on Facebook/instagram and if he has your number then you need to change it right away for your own sanity. 

He sounds crazy. Block him on Facebook and stop talking to him in person.

In my honest opinion and from personal experience I recommend you add him to your block list for your own good. This can actually benefit both of you. I had a stalker whom started out as my "best friend" for about two years who wouldn't stop calling and texting me from different phone numbers, made many fake Facebook accounts to get in touch with me, he'd stalk my friends, he would add people that I know that he didn't even know, he'd talk about me with everyone, he'd save all my photos to his phones gallery. Sometimes I'd answer his messages, phone calls etc. Some days it would be worse, some days he'd say he was going to "commit suicide" cause I wouldn't love him back. He'd even make false rumors about me, I would stupidly forgive him cause that's how bad he would manipulate me. Till one day I woke up and I realized how much harm he was causing in my own life. I really don't like talking about him because he was that toxic. Your "friendship" is long over and sorry to break it to you but you need to stop messaging him back and giving him something to talk about. You don't have feelings for him and you shouldn't feel bad about it. Did he care about your feelings when he made those posts about you? NO. You shouldn't be nice about it, those days are long over. Put your foot down and block him out of your life for good. If he tries to get in touch with you and doesn't leave you alone put a restraining order on him. 

Source(s): Don't unblock him no matter what anyone tells you. Even if they tell you he's trying to "commit suicide" cause that's exactly how he would manipulate (control) me.
  • Jesere

See how men think no doesn't mean no 

Seems like he is in Love with you; yet you are not feeling any Love?  Do you believe in GOD? After all only people that Do Beleive in GOD can feel any real LOVE!  Are you just not also in Love? Or are you an Atheist?

Atheists cannot feel anymore than each of their own Lust, only for themself.

• Tj

Tell him to stop his crap or you have no choice to no longer be his friend.

• Helen

At this point you should probably block his number. Your friendship is over. If he continues to find ways to contact you, consider filing a restraining order 

You did the right thing. You set boundaries and didn't lead your friend on. If he contuines with this behavour you may have to stop being his friend. You don't owe him anything. 

Simply block him