What is the main reason for violence being brought up on members of the transgender community?

My theory is that most men become very angry, disgusted, grossed out and enraged after learning that a " woman" they fell in love with or were even intimate with, is later found out to have been born a biological male.

Therefore he hurts or kills the individual.

Am I correct in my thinking ?

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

I'm sure that's a big part of it, yes.  When a guy like that sees a gorgeous woman, finds her very attractive, and especially if he gets the chance to talk with her and gets to really like her or even fall in love with her, and then finds out she's transgender and was born with a male body, his desperate homophobic need to always appear as heterosexual as possible kicks in, resulting in him violently attacking or murdering her just to prove to the world (or more likely prove to himself) that he is nothing less than fully heterosexual.  For guys like that, they can't simply leave it at "thanks but no thanks" or "sorry, I'm straight and really want a girlfriend who was born with a vagina".  No, they need to erase the memory of ever having felt attracted to the trans woman, so rather than giving themselves a frontal lobotomy with a 12 gauge (a far better solution, IMO), they feel they must erase the trans woman's existence.

I'm sure there are many other possible factors, but that's my nonprofessional armchair psychology on the matter.

See, what i mean about opinion, an opinion not based on facts, is invalid.

It isn't that they don't know that their lover is trans, it is that the relationship was on the 'down-lo", and they fear exposure of the affair to their peers.

• "My theory is that most men become very angry, disgusted, grossed out and enraged"

And why is that?

Maybe because our ignorant society continues to perpetuate false ideas about transgender people. By the way, there are both trans woman and trans men.

Back to the original question.

That is only one of many reasons.

Romans 1:22,26-28,32 

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I think on the whole this is a complete phantom because most people are not going to get intimate before they know someone pretty well, meaning that they will already know about their past.  But no, a lot of the time victims of violence and murder are from the person's own community rather than acquaintances.  This year, this has included police officers and a contract killer.  The hassle I've got has been from strangers and people from my church.

The quotation marks around the word woman weren't necessary. And it's because of people like you (but extremists) who don't believe transwomen are women. People are scared of what they don't understand. 

• not

I bet such an incident is super rare. Domestic violence is common. I imagine their primary source of violence is domestic violence. 

You're probably mostly correct.  I would add insecurity and feeling deceived to the mix too.  Most straight men aren't okay with knowing they just did it with a dude like most gay men wouldn't be okay with the thought they just did it with a dudette.

Transgender need to wear a sign that says they are transgender. It's the only way to prevent violence against them. Maybe a green... circle? Or perhaps a pink... triangle? I dont know. Any transgender found not to be wearing one is fair game.