david asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Should I seek help?

I feel like I go above and beyond for people. I’m always trying to please people and be a nice and caring person. I feel that I get taken advantage of because of that and people walk all over me. This usually occurs when I’m at work and when I drive home I think about all of the anger that I have inside of me that I’ve repressed because I’m always trying to be the nice guy. The more I think about it the angrier I get, to the point where I start laughing hysterically. I could make the joker blush. Usually once I get done laughing, all is good and I go on with the rest of my day. But sometimes it feeds into this maniacal rage and I’m speeding down the road weaving in and out of lanes. Is this something to really be concerned about?

The true meaning of human life is.... Self Realization. Love /hate, Good/evil, happiness/sorrow, positive/ negative, virtue/sin, soul/ body, heaven /hell.. are the creations of God.... So, by pure faith in God we can understand our eternal nature... which relates to our soul as our soul is the Part and Parcel of.... Supreme Soul...."God" ... Actually, we are spiritual souls but we are in human body. We are from the spiritual world. God has sent us on the earth...only for self realization.. as our souls are not as pure as, they have to be... So, God has given us human life where our body feels happiness as well as suffers pain. Therefore, we souls are here... to achieve... the level of purity and to become pure soul.... we should make an effort to understand the deeper meaning of unconditional love for all living beings.... in every situation... 

Moreover, the eternal nature of our soul is to Love God...

Get some help BlTCH

If you feel like you are loosing control of your own body and choices, then yes you should be concerned and should seek counseling. One thing you can stop doing is trying to please people. Just don't smile, be grumpy, don't say please or thank you, just do it. You'll see it doesn't feel so good, but that the world didn't end either. Just focus on expressing how you actually feel but within the bounds of law and order, and without causing anyone (or yourself) any harm.

bro i was the exact same way i mean identical besides laughing I would just hold it in but besides that i got burnt out and its bad. I lost the little motivation I had before, I was even depressed before I got "burnt out" and I got better right before that happened but now i feel just jaded. I don't really feel anything or at least i do sometimes when events only affect my family.  There was one time to make a log story short I knocked my brother out by accident then he rolled down the stairs unconscious and my whole family was freaking out but I wasn't at all, I remember laughing a little bit and I don't know if thats bad are not.

All im saying is you should seek help before it's to late

• amy

This is your mind tell you to start practising not being a people pleaser.

The answer to 'Should I seek help?' is pretty much always - yes.

But not in a major negative way. Finding people who can help improve your life is a sensible choice. You may just need someone to talk to, that you can be open with and work at what's causing your pain. We all need a shoulder to cry on - but a person to listen, BEFORE we cry, is a much better idea.

If  I say talk to family and friends - and you think that's not an option. That could be part of the issue. In a well-adjusted healthy family, you should be able to talk about what is affecting you. But for many people, there are problems in their family that stop them talking. My advice is to find someone else, who will listen and help you see more clearly and help you find answers.

• Tasm

You are an agreeable person. agreeable people finish last. Try to be a little bit of an asshole. To you it will feel like you are a horrible jerk, but to someone else you may still appear nice. Keep pushing your boundry little by little and eventually you wont give a **** what anyone thinks of you, and you will be happy too because no one will take advantage of you. They will also respect you, because as the nice guy, you don't get respect. 

• Isabel

Yep.  That’s dangerous.  I’d reach out to a professional to start working through that.

Get a job as a police sniper...

Wow I just posted the same question earlier maybe you should get on some kind of antidepressant meds to help