How do I sell my old vehicle to private party?

I have a car that I want to sell.  I have the title and have a person that is interested in buying.  The title of the vehicle is from the state of Virginia (not sure if that matters) because that’s where I initially bought the vehicle.  The vehicle is registered in Nebraska but I now live in Nevada (active military).  What paperwork do I need to sell this car besides signing the title over?

4 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    None.  Sign as seller before a notary and collect your money.  It will be up to the buyer to transfer the title.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    The title and a hand written bill of sale, one for you, one for the buyer. 

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    The title.  Do not forget to get the plates when you sell it.

  • Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    That should do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.