How can I turn off the trackpad for cursor movement while keeping it on for scrolling?

On my laptop I always use the trackpoint. I turned the trackpad off because when I'm typing my wrist causes undesired curser movement. But now I no longer have the two finger to scroll gesture.

If your Surface has a touchpad, it has right-click and left-click buttons that work like the buttons on a mouse.

Press the touchpad firmly to click. A quick tap is interpreted as a touchpad gesture. To learn more about gestures