Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 4 weeks ago

how to overcome fear of driving large vehicles? ?

I have no problem driving a car, but if i drive a larger vehicle such as a pickup truck or an suv, i start getting anxious because im worried about hitting someone elses vehicle when i park, or when im backing out of a parking lot. I have no problem with cars, but when im driving a large vehicle im worried about accidentally hitting someone elses car. Advice? 

Most newer trucks and SUV's have cameras to help with backing up, but your best bet is to find an empty parking lot, and bring some cones or big cardboard boxes.

Set them up and start learning the dimensions of the vehicle - so you can get an idea of how much room you need to leave.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Don't practice in a congested area. 

Get some practice in safe areas.  Look for large mall parking lots and very few parked vehicles.

Join the Marines and request you be assigned to the Armored Division so you can drive a tank.

Practice with a licensed driver. 

Eventually, it comes natural.

I actually started off driving SUVs. 

Came natural.