cum asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How to punish a one year old terrier who keeps biting other peoples feet?

My welsh terrier keeps biting the feet of the people around me, and whenever he does, I put him to watch a corner until he calms down, but he usually whines and keeps resisting the timeout corner and gets even more excited. What do i do to make him calm and to stop? He’s one year old.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Hire a trainer.  This behavior is obviously beyond your ability to control your dog.  A year old and you are putting him in time out in a corner?  Ridiculous.

• 1 month ago

Briefly, remove dog from feet or feet from dog.   Amos has suggested what should work.  Either keep him on a short lead when people come in, or remove him to another room, or use a crate.   Most dogs want to please their owners so if his actions produce annoyance or a reaction he doesn't like, he should get the message. 

And yes, more exercise now he's a year older.

• 1 month ago

You use a "watch corner" - (lol) you have to be a troll, that is patently absurd and not recommended as a training method.  Dogs do not UNDERSTAND a "time out" because they are NOT children - you can reason with.  EXERCISE the dog THOROUGHLY before company arrives - so he is CALMER.  Put the dog ON A LEASH and prevent the biting, by a collar corrections or keeping his leash too short for him to BITE other's feet.  Your other option is to crate him when company comes over.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

DON'T PUNISH HIM he wouldn't even know why you punishing him. So stop being an a##hole and dont punish him 

get a good trainer or train him with love ( most effective technique) Your dog is in its teenage and dog at this age behave stubborn ( just like teenage human) Most BAD OWNERS abandon them because they can't take responsibility but if you are a responsible person then either learn to train dog or get a trainer instead of punishing him

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.