Why does a Christian man in a relationship seek new friendship with me?

We met when he messaged me on social media. He said he is a Christian and wants to share the word of God. We began to text. He eventually invited me to church and we met in person. One week before we actually met, he posted pictures with a woman on vacation together. I presume that’s his girlfriend and I commented on the picture but he has yet to acknowledge or mention being in a relationship. He texts me every few days and still invites me to church functions. 

We became friends and I asked for us to hangout as friends in person and mentioned if it would bother his lady ( that he never admitted to having) then we can hang in groups. He responded “ Okay I got you, we are family. I’ll introduce you to my friends as well.  I started talking to one of his female friends from church that he introduced me to. 

He doesn’t seem to want to talk about his relationship/ personal. Should I accept he just wanted to invite me to church and become my friend while in a relationship or could there be something more there? 

he mightve just been trying to get you to go to church

Back out of this it’s very creepy