What car(s) handle similar to a 964 C2 (non turbo)?

Okay, so my one of dream cars is a 199x Porsche 911 C2 (964)that makes 700hp from a twin turbo 3.8L engine. I’ve only drove front wheel drive cars. First car was a ‘13 corolla S and second car was a ‘14 VW Jetta S. I’m thinking about selling the Jetta and getting something that handles relatively close to a stock 964 C2.. so far I only got a list consisting of a lotus Elise, Lotus Espirit (by the looks of it I wouldn’t be able to afford the V8 version), Porsche Cayman and Alfa Romeo 4C. I know these are mid engine but the only rear engined car I could think of was a VW beetle Type 1.. so my question is what handles similar to a stock 964? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Only a stock 964 C2 will handle like a stock 964 C2. Nothing else has the same weight distribution and suspension characteristics. Even an earlier or later 911 (e.g. 930 or 993) won't handle quite like a 964.

The closest other cars I can think of are the rear-engined Skodas from the 1970s and 80s (but I believe they handle more like a less-grippy older 911), or the rear-engined Alpine-Renault sports cars from the 1960s to 1990s. The later GT/GTA and A610 will be closest to a 964, but even in France they are rarer than the 964 these days.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Call for an insurance quote first seth.  Your dreams will shut down when you hear the quote.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

AS THE SAYING GOES ... "Porsche. There is no substitute". 

In other words, nothing you can afford. 

(bonus lesson: It's "I've only driven...", not "I've only drove.")

• 4 weeks ago

An old Fiat X1/9 was pretty underpowered , but handled great.

A Toyota MRII

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.