When will we know if there is to be NCAAF this fall?

If the jocks are on campus and playing without actually attending any in-person lectures, that is kind of an spot for the NCAA to be in. 

odd

I can see how fans+players+campus parties would be an obvious vector. 

Favorite Answer

I think there's a better than fair chance that college football doesn't happen.  I think the NFL is more likely.  The reason is simply that the NFL is an explicit profit making enterprise.  The NCAA likes to pretend that it is not.  So it will be hard to justify the risk (however small) without admitting that money is the reason.

As to when we will know?  I suspect you won't truly know until practices were supposed to start and games start being missed.  They might make an announcement, but if the 'facts on the ground' change, those announcements could be voided.  

They’ll probably delay the season initially before ultimately having to scrap it. 

Some conferences have canceled games outside the conference already. If there are many students who get infected, then they may cancel the season altogether.