Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 weeks ago

Is traditional Italian food superior to Americanized Italian food?

That seems to be the prevailing sentiment, which is kinda annoying, because "traditional" does not equal better or superior. For example, "tradional" italian pizza is really basic and not that exciting. And the crust is usually burnt, which is kinda off putting. There are more examples, but hopefully you get my point.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I personally much prefer traditional Italian food made from scratch than commercialized American Italian variations.

• There are several styles of pizza in Italy; they're all outstanding.  It's about letting the ingredients speak.  The crust being slightly burnt is a good thing.

• 3 weeks ago

That's a matter of personal taste and what you're used to. I prefer real Italian having lived in Italy for many years.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It is similar comparing Chinese food to American Chinese food-it is a matter of preference. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Been to Italy twice. The food is different. Much more cheesy. And garlic and spice. Most of it I say is better.

BUt a lot of fish. And fish sauce, which I don't really care for.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Having been to Italy 3 times, I find the food to be 100% better than American made.

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That's true for most cuisines

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.