Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 weeks ago

Is traditional Italian food superior to Americanized Italian food?

That seems to be the prevailing sentiment, which is kinda annoying, because "traditional" does not equal better or superior. For example, "tradional" italian pizza is really basic and not that exciting. And the crust is usually burnt, which is kinda off putting. There are more examples, but hopefully you get my point.

I personally much prefer traditional Italian food made from scratch than commercialized American Italian variations.

• There are several styles of pizza in Italy; they're all outstanding.  It's about letting the ingredients speak.  The crust being slightly burnt is a good thing.

That's a matter of personal taste and what you're used to. I prefer real Italian having lived in Italy for many years.

• kswck2

It is similar comparing Chinese food to American Chinese food-it is a matter of preference. 

Been to Italy twice. The food is different. Much more cheesy. And garlic and spice. Most of it I say is better.

BUt a lot of fish. And fish sauce, which I don't really care for.

Having been to Italy 3 times, I find the food to be 100% better than American made.

• .

That's true for most cuisines