If you got a DUI for weed, went through ARD, and your record was expunged...?

If you go for a job as a pizza delivery, Ould the DUI show up?  Doesn't expunged mean expunged?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know if your record could be expunged.

I do know the DEFINITION of expunged is that whatever was expunged doesn't show up on a criminal records check.

• 1 month ago

It may be expunged from public records, but it would be available to law enforcement, DMV, insurance companies. Most companies are not going to hire drivers, delivery people with any DMV record since their insurance won't cover them. Ask your attorney for specifics regarding YOUR individual case & your state's specific laws & procedures. 

• 1 month ago

The pizza place would not be able to find it if it was expunged.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Expungement is total in some places but not others.  If you are in a strict anti-weed state, you might not get the job, but in a liberal state you're OK.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends 100% on who does the background check AND what your attorney advised.  It WILL show up if someone runs your motor vehicle record.  That information is not "expunged" from an insurance background check.

Does anyone want you driving for them on their insurance or as the co-insured?  I doubt it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.