What ford escape would you buy?

Both are 2017 titanium. One has 4wd. With 62000 miles. The other is about 500 dollars cheaper with 32000 miles but is fwd only. I live in Michigan. It that helps

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I thought fwd and 4wd were the same thing? Does f not stand for four? 

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

FWD with snow tires is usually pretty good in the snow. If you wouldn't use 4WD very often, go with the FWD.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

These cars have the Eco-broke engines.  Stay away.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Personally i wouldn't buy either.i would buy a Rav 4 or Honda cvr if your looking for a suv.Read the reviews before you consider buying anything and make sure it comes with a half decent warranty.All wheel is the best way to go especially if you live in the northern states.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I would take the one with the lower miles.  I have a 4wd vehicle and never have to use it in 4wd.  I live in southwest PA

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You didn't give the actual price, but while the 4WD is probably a better choice.  But with 62K miles on a 3 year old car you are likely going to be asking for trouble.  

Which ever car you end up getting, especially if it is the 4WD model.  Before you agree to the deal, get it inspected by an Independent Mechanic.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I wouldn't buy either, but given that choice I'd buy the one with lower miles, especially if it has a complete maintenance history, because it is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty for 4,000 more miles and the powertrain warranty for another 28,000 miles. 4WD doesn't make a car any safer in the snow if you are not a good driver in snowy conditions to begin with.

• 3 weeks ago

Well, since you live in Michigan, I'd go with the 4WD.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Michigan winters, 4wd WOULD be safer .........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.