Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 month ago

How much do 7 days stay in Japan cost?

I've been planning for a Japan trip with my family. Since no one among us have experience going abroad, how much do 7 days stay in Japan usually cost? What are the necessary expenses there?

• Quinn

You need to provide more information than just how many days you plan to stay. The costs of stay in Japan is going to differ not only on where in Japan you plan to visit, but also how you plan to stay - meaning what do you consider acceptable level of food, accommodation, and what mode of transportation within Japan you want to take which also depends on where and how many places you want to visit.

You need to first do some research on WHERE and WHAT you want to see and do. That is, plan out your itinerary and then ask how much cost would your plans incur. What you don't do is just hop on a plane and land in Japan without any idea of what you want to do, especially since you and your family have never traveled abroad. Don't wing it. Plan it. Then come back to Yahoo Answer and ask and people can tell you not only costs but suggest alternatives.

We need to know how many people are in this family, and what their level of comfort is with low budget accommodations are, Some people think hostel bunkhouses are good fun, other people do not. 

I'm going to say, get the free breakfast plan and absolutely stuff yourself if your budget is low. You can go all day on that, and then get a omake bento in the evening. Booze is cheap in Japan if you get yourself a nice carton of sochu...ha, ha, ha. 

• ?

I've been in very nice hotels in Tokyo that were not horribly expensive. You didn't say how many family members would be traveling. You can check hotel rates online- I think the ones I was in were around $125-150 a night. Look to see if breakfast is included- the breakfasts are. huge buffets, with an amazing variety of food. You can easily live on that and then dinner each night. For dinner, you can go to an inexpensive place with big bowls of noodles and meat for not much, or to a fancy restaurant and spend hundreds of dollars- it's just up to you. They have a lot of prepared stuff in the convenience stores- if you're willing to eat Japanese rice rolls and other things, you can buy a few dollars worth and take them to your room or a park to eat. It's up to you how much you spend. The subway system is extensive and not very expensive. I recommend the parks and the zoo. 

• John

Right now I doubt they would let Americans in the country because of the virus. And I have never been. But by reputation it is more expensive than most countries. Meaning you get less for your dollar than other places.

From $100 USD to $50000 USD

Don't travel anywhere, because coronavirus.

Maybe you can ask this question next year. Maybe.