Was I wrong or was my wife right about this ?

We have a new housemaid and she bought dog biscuits for our 2 Pedigree doberman guard dogs when it clearly says in the shopping list the the dogs are only to be fed on premium beef mince.

When I saw what they were eating I got really mad and shouted at her and my wife said I wrong for shouting at her like that, do you think I was in the wrong or was it

You are wrong on both counts. You should not yell at the maid, and you should not make your dogs subsist on only ground beef and no other food since it does not contain all of the nutrients they need.

• Jerry

If you expect to KEEP your household help then you'd better learn to be patient and respectful in training them. Treating your household help disrespectfully is a good way to NOT have help that does a good job, that is trustworthy and treats you well. 

• g

There was no need to shout at her or anyone else.

There was no reason to shout.  Shouting is just childish and you are grown man.  You are showing off about your dogs and your wealth and your housemaid.  She bought dog biscuits - perhaps to treat the dogs, to become a bit more friendly with them (maybe she's scared of them).....or maybe they were for some other dog?  Whatever, you behaved very badly and childishly and your more sensible wife chastised you and probably rolled her eyes thinking 'Oh God, the child is at it again.'

Clearly you ought to feed the housemaid to the dogs. Seems an appropriate punishment.

It is wrong for her to disobey you. 

Most people do give the hard treats to clean the dogs teeth.  She should have at least asked  your permission first.

How about you pray to God and ask God for help also?