What are some local hauntings/cryptids/Urban Legends you know of?

I like to read and about the subject of ghosts, cryptids, urban legends, etc. I get tired of hearing about the same subjects over and over.

I'm looking for some lesser known stories of that subject matter. So what are some things from your area that fit the above. What are your personal experiences with those subjects.

Favorite Answer

Try the website Mysterious Universe. There are various individuals with a few articles they post each and every day on mysterious and unexplainable phenomenon, as well as creatures and sightings. The best poster in my opinion is Brent swancer because his articles are very in-depth.

Thee are numerous stories of  hauntings in Vermont. The most prominent one is about Emily's Bridge in Stowe Vermont

The Proctor Valley monster of San Diego.

In a church yard locally there is a statue that comes alive, I crap myself and run past it.