Are Hall & Oates considered New Wave?
- Anonymous3 weeks agoFavorite Answer
No, not at all. Not even a little bit. I have no idea where you would get that crazy idea. Take it from me. I grew up in the 80s. They are about a billion miles away from new wave, like exact opposite.
- 2 weeks ago
No.They are Pop with a heavy R&B influence
- Lord BaconLv 73 weeks ago
I have a Hall & Oates LP when they were still considered contemporary folk. They were a lot better back then, in my opinion.
- Restless SpiritLv 63 weeks ago
Pop/Rock. They are not new wave.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
More like folk rock or pop.
- curtisports2Lv 73 weeks ago
No. They were mainstream pop in what was known as 'blue-eyed soul' music.
When I think of New Wave, I think of Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Blondie, The Police, Talking Heads...
- ChadLv 43 weeks ago
I much prefer Tito.