Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 4 weeks ago

Hey people with glasses, what do you think about a device that help you find your glasses through your phone? Would you buy that?

Hi, I have an idea about a device that can attached to any glasses. It help people find the glasses/eyewear through your phone. It can help you detect your glasses in both short and long distance. They will make sound in short range, and send you location when it's in a father distance (ie. you forgot your glasses at your friend house). 

It basically a Tile but for your glasses. But people who looking at you will not know that you have the device on. 

What do you think about this idea, especially people who wear glasses?

There are people who would find it useful. People who wear their glasses all of the time would not need it very much. People who wear cheap readers probably would not find it worthwhile. Some frames have so little to them that there would be no place to hide any device.

• kelvin

huge waste of money and space on my phone

Or, reflecting glasses frames. 

I'm terribly near sighted. My issues are when my glasses falls off the nightstand or between the bed. A phone app wouldn't be of much use to tell me where they are at. Instead, if they made glasses reflect light, I could shine my light around my bed/nightstand and find the reflection. 

• keerok

It's on your head.

That's what the doctors say most of the time. It's not always true though. That's why, instead of frantically searching for my glasses each time I need them, I just bought 4. One for my office, one on my workbench in the shop, one in the dining room and one on my head.

• Tavy

Surely this device will look odd attached to glasses, ?

Sounds like a great idea to me.