why does my mouse cursor freeze or lag?

I am running windows 10 pro on a refurbished dell when I am on the internet or playing games my mouse lags or will momentarily freeze I use a wireless mouse but the same thing happens with a wired mouse , I have tried un installing and re installing even updated drivers

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Just a thought here, but try updating your Graphics driver, especially if you have a gaming or high end GPU.  The problems with the mouse freezing have to do with an incompatibility between graphics and mouse tracking.  (Or at least I have found several instances of this.)  Update both.  

Lastly, try using a generic mouse driver, the one provided from Microsoft.  Sometimes they work better because they don't interfere with the graphics card driver as much. Just a thought. 

• Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

what is your CPU? Windows 10 requires a MUCH FASTER CPU than previous versions of Windows. i usually recommend an Intel Core i5 or better, or for AMD, any Ryzen CPU. anything older will not work well. ESPECIALLY AVOID:

Celeron, Turion, Sempron, Atom CPUs.

• 3 weeks ago

Have you clear out your Network an internet area of everything...reset, clear history and disable the add-on programming in manage add-ons section but I would leave Bing...... If you can;t find Control panel on windows 10 just stroll down to "Window system" and inside it will be....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.