Donald asked in PetsBirds · 3 weeks ago

I changed the parakeet seed brand and?

I changed the parakeet seed brand and theyre not eating it and also don't seem to be feeding their babies? The babies also should have left the nest box by now. What should I do?

• 3 days ago

Buy pellets.  They should not eat seed alone.  You should also be feeding it fruit & veggies.  Do you know what you are doing?

• Raven

I guess you learned not to make changes like that when your birds are raising young. I hope they are okay. Can't you go and get the old seed they're used to? Gather some seeding grasses outside from a source that you are certain has not been sprayed with anything. Keets LOVE seeding grass heads. I hope  you've been giving the parents mashed hard boiled egg to feed their babies, the babies need lots of protein to grow properly. If you know how to hand feed, I suggest you do it now, with hand feeding formula. But I doubt you know how, so if the parents are too upset by that new food, the babies are probably not going to make it.