Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why does police waste so much resources looking for a dead body, as in the case of Naya Rivera?

Helicopters, divers, boats... the operation can easily cost $10M.  She's already dead by this point, why waste so much resources?

I meant to type "so MANY resources".  Not sure why I kept typing much

W.T. Door - only dumb USA values dead people more than live people

they do this for anybody

I am sure if it where you or one of your loved ones missing or dead, you would appreciate people looking for them, whether it's the police or the community.  Money will be here when you're dead and gone, but you only have loved ones once in a life time.  Idiot.

• Cory

It's not about saving her life, it's about recovering the body. They knew after she was lost for 3 hours, she was dead. The world is watching their ever move, If they don't find the body they risk losing the trust of the community that they are tasked with protecting and increased scrutiny from their local government, taxpayers, and the federal government who fund them.

The US doesn't value dead people more than live people. Are you high? Where have you been the last couple months. Black Lives Matter? You think they're talking about dead bodies? Coronavirus? 100k plus dead and people are demanding schools & businesses re-open?

• Ann

They look for all bodies, not just actresses. 

You don’t know how much it costs, you don’t really know anything. You just think nothing is owed this woman and her surviving family members, apparently. And I guess you’ve never been a child who lost a mother or a family member who now has to explain to a 4 y/o child why mommy never got back in the boat that day. Must be nice not having to worry about anybody but yourself. And maybe if “the police” had “wasted” a LITTLE bit of money putting up warning signs about how obviously very dangerous that area was for swimming, or better yet prohibited swimming there on penalty of being fined... and/or signage that explained that there were a lot of submerged trees and other entangling vegetation under the murky surface of that water which had previously caused OTHER drowning deaths....maybe if ANY of this had been DONE....they wouldn’t be HAVING  to spend this 10M dollars (in your highly suspect estimation)  money now WOULD they? But nobody really cared now, DID they? Just like you don’t. Congratulations on your insensitivity. I’ve met a lot of people like you don’t give a sh it about anybody but themselves. Far too many. Maybe you just didn’t like her ethnic background? Trying to figure out where such a calloused attitude comes from. 

You have to be smart here. Have the right knowledge. 

The word, "justice" should come to mind....if you have a mind.

What about her family members who would've wanted her to be buried in a coffin and see her face even though lifeless, for another last time ? And to talk about a dead human being like that....JUST SO DISGUSTING!

SERIOUSLY, CONS ARE TOO INHUMANE, MONEY-MINDED AND NARCISSTIC TO EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT NORMAL HUMANS THINK

And yet they talk about saving foetus lives...THE HYPOCRISY

Oh, I realised that they do it just bcoz Christianity forbids abortion, not that they really care about the unborn baby lives

I am sorry you have to live in a country like China or Russia where individual citizens are not valued by the government. 

• Mack

That is your political question?  I'd hide my name too.  :)