Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

What is happening to my body?

A week ago, I started suspecting that my wisdom teeth are starting to pop out as a stinging pain at the top right corner of my mouth began to develop. The pain keeps progressing everyday, I can feel a small bump on the tissue near my gums, and that entire corner is very red. I am unable to fully open my mouth, as my jaw on that side starts to lock and sting. My speech has become altered due to the pain, it hurts to swallow my saliva, chewing food has become a task and smiling hurts too. Today, it feels as if the pain has started to spread upward toward my temple on that exact right side. At one point it felt like I was developing a fever, I feel dizzy at random times and I feel as tho I am progressively weakening. Could this be just my wisdom teeth, an oral infection or something more severe?

• denise

I had a similar 'condition' quite a few years ago,  It was a wisdom tooth growing 'sideways' into my gum and dislodging an adjacent tooth!  I needed to have an operation in the hospital [a 2 day stay!].

The swelling and 'stiffness' that followed resulted in only being able to have soup or drinks through a straw for a week, plus rinsing twice daily with salted water!.

It could be a number of things, I'd get to the Dentist / Doctor ASAP,  to try and resolve this.  Good Luck!

• Shay

Toothaches or issues with the teeth can cause ear aches, sinus pressure, and headaches.  If there is an infection, other issues could happen.  If there is swelling, that would explain why your jaw seems to be locking.

This level of issues sounds like your wisdom teeth may be having problems coming in and could be impacted.

Read the link below - and make an appointment with your dentist ASAP.  When scheduling an appointment - be sure they know you have an immediate and possibly urgent problem so that they get you in at the earliest appointment possible.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/188660