Was I wrong to ask this question during a job interview?

Recently I had a video interview with two managers for an accounting position. The interview went very well and stuff, but when it was my turn to ask questions, I asked “Would you mind sharing with me a specific time the company almost/or missed a deadline due to errors or a personal issue and how did the team overcame that challenge?” The manager then asks me, where are you trying to go with that question? like in a weird tone. Then he went on explaining how he never had an issue like that and he has the best managers for training and stuff. Was I wrong? Is it a red flag? 

Personnel  not personal.

It sounds like an interview question, like you’re trying to put the potential employer on the spot.  No, I don’t think you should have asked that question.

Sounds like a green flag to me.

If I were the hiring manager I would consider this a big red flag and you would immediately go on the no pile.  The thing is you're painting this negative picture of yourself via words and implying that you might screw up and cause a deadline to be missed as if it's something you've done in the past.

People are funny that way.  They'll take your words and twist them, misinterpret them and take it as a psychological confession even if it was just a silly question you made up on a whim because you couldn't come up with anything better.  

Be careful what you say or at least how you word your questions.  Sometimes it truly IS better to just not ask any questions at all and this was definitely one of those cases.

• Erik

I think you're trolling, no one would be DUMB enough to ask such an asinine question if they wanted to be hired, and no one goes to job interviews if they don't want the job.

• Eva

That's usually a question you would be asked, not one you would ask of someone interviewing you. It might have come off as impertinent. If they were not interviewing you for a managerial position, you've probably ruined your chance.

• Da

That question is not directly connected to your applying position and really is none of your business.

I immediately would cross of your name as being a "troublemaker"

Its a stupid as hell question. No person with any common sense would ask it.

I think you are trolling.

Yes you were wrong.

The answer to that question is none of your business.  

You asked if he minded.  He said he did.   

Are you always this dense?