zac asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Microsoft’s EDGE won’t allow Firefox to be my default browser. What can I do? I don’t want EDGE !?

go to Settings, Apps, Default Programs, scroll down to web browser and select Firefox.

• Dave

There is nothing in Edge or Windows stopping an administrator from changing the default browser. You either do not have permissions on the device to do so, or you don't have a clue what you're doing.

Either way, this is clearly a PEBKAC issue.

same problem i face dear friend

uninstall Microsoft Edge in windows 7 go to start, control panel, under programs-uninstall program then select Microsoft Edge (this will not work for internet explorer) there is no way to remove internet explorer

Source(s): Comptia A+ and N+ Certs

It tried that foolishness with me and I just killed it by taking away its permissions.  I'm going to assume you are on Windows 10 Home edition.  You, as owner, should also be administrator.  Click on the lower left Window icon, then the gear symbol to get to settings.  Choose Apps, then Default Apps.  That should be enough.  I don't know if you can actually uninstall Edge, but it appears that I did so because it is not in my list of installed apps.

Lol! Type default apps into cortana scroll down to browser and click on Firefox. If it still won't let you charge then check in control panel to make sure you an administrator. If your a standard user you can't make changes

• Lv 7

• martin

Go to those little dots in the upper right, click them, and delete all possible browsers except for the one you name as your default browser, under settings.

• Bill-M

Click on START then on Settings.

In Settings select APPS -

In the Left Column select Default Apps and scroll down to WEB BROWSER - Single Click on the ICON and in the pop up list select Firefox.

• Alan

You are aware that you must choose your default browser

in Windows 10 through Settings->Apps-> Default Apps.

You are not allowed to set it from Firefox in Windows 10.

So don't try setting this from inside Firefox. 

So if you are trying to do it correctly. 

Then, keep reading. 

It lets everyone else make Firefox their default browser 

so there must be something wrong with your setup.  

Such as you don't have an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox 

properly installed on your computer. 

You cannot make Firefox your default browser unless 

it is already properly installed on your computer.