10 Answers

Relevance
  • D-Girl
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The denomination's official statement on Science and Technology says in part, "We find that scienceโ€™s descriptions of cosmological, geological, and biological evolution are not in conflict with theology."ย 

Source(s): umc.org
  • 4 weeks ago

Who cares ? No church is qualified to speak on any area of SCIENCE.

Let me try to make crystal clear what is established beyond reasonable doubt, and what needs further study, about evolution. Evolution as a process that has always gone on in the history of the earth can be doubted only by those who are ignorant of the evidence or are resistant to evidence, owing to emotional blocks or to plain bigotry. By contrast, the mechanisms that bring evolution about certainly need study and clarification. There are no alternatives to evolution as history that can withstand critical examination. Yet we are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms.

- Theodosius Dobzhansky "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution", American Biology Teacher vol. 35 (March 1973) reprinted in Evolution versus Creationism, J. Peter Zetterberg ed., ORYX Press, Phoenix AZ 1983

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

A whole lot of nothing from a mega phone and IN ALL CAPS ,

ย From my understanding there aren't many grown ups in the Methoverdose Churchย 

so it's a common practice to reply spontaneouslyย  with GUS .

ย I have been informed i am not grown up so more at 11 .ย 

• 4 weeks ago

IT IS NOT TALKED ABOUT CUZ CHRISTIANS KNOW GOD SPOKE TO MAKE ALL LIFE SO GIVE IT A REST...GOD HAS ALL POWER...NO THEORIES NEEDED!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The United Methodist Church affirms a Creator God and supports the scientific study of evolution. "We recognize science as a legitimate interpretation of God's natural world. We affirm the validity of the claims of science in describing the natural world and in determining what is scientificโ€

But then again, what would the United Methodist Church know about Methodism?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It doesnโ€™t matter. Evolution is established fact.ย 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Well they accept evolution as part of God design.

• 4 weeks ago

The EVOLUTION will not be televised..

The EVOLUTION will not be televised...

I think God is Evolving right along with His creation..but what I think and 3 bucks *might* get you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The United Methodist Church affirms a Creator God and supports the scientific study of evolution. "We recognize science as a legitimate interpretation of God's natural world. ... We find that science's descriptions of cosmological, geological, and biological evolution are not in conflict with theology.

And they call God a liar.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They believe in evolution, apparently.ย  John Wesley would be thrown out of the methodist meeting place if he were alive today

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.