Did my Grandfather Robert McDuff drive The Flying Scotsman ?

Suggest you look it up on  Wikipedia, this is not an encyclopedia.

We are not clairvoyant and cannot possibly know and there are thousands of unrelated families named McDuff  so a genealogical researcher would have no clue where to start without more information. 

• Maxi

Was he an engine driver? What company did he work for? What years was he working? Where did he live?

There was a

"Duff, Robert (GWR)Driver on standard gauge Shrewsbury & Chester Railway absorbed by GWR in 1854. Went to Egypt in June 1860. Returned to GWR in 1862 and in October 1888 became shed foreman at Corwen." but that one worked for the wrong company and before the train was built in 1923

• gerald

No he played right back for Glasgow Rangers aye aye duffy 

He sure did. From what I've been able to find out, from my own grandparents, Robert "Bobbie" McDuff very kindly drove his next-door neighbour, an aeroplane pilot from his home to Prestwick Airport when his car wouldn't start, thus averting an upset flight schedule. Hope this helped.

How would any stranger know that?