When someone treats you unkindly, how to you find ways to still appreciate them?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Assume that there is something going on in their lives to cause them to be unpleasant, rather it already happened or is ongoing

• 4 weeks ago

With forgiveness

• 4 weeks ago

It can be awfully hard with some people.  Some people love to hurt others and do them no good whatsoever.  The good news is that you don't have to appreciate them.  You do have to love them as children of God, however.

• 4 weeks ago

You either get used to unkindness or live a life of bitterness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It means one should not seek revenge or retribution for wrongs done against you.

• 4 weeks ago

🥴 Understand where they're coming from and the reason behind them doing it.

Luckily, I was raised by a ruthless village that wasn't shy about breaking things down for me. 

But I notice, many do not understand the benefit or intention of harsh treatment because you're not being thoroughly taught to ask questions.

You think it's bullying but really it's good discipline for your benefit. 🥴

But you will one day when the roles are switched and YOU are the disciplinarian.

• 4 weeks ago

THEY SHOULD APOLOGIZE...OTHERWISE IT MIGHT NOT CONTINUE...

• Gelo
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You don't, and you shouldn't

Why do you think you should feel gratitude for everything every moment of the day?  If you want to be an automaton pre-programmed with gratitude then get a neutral stimulator implanted in your brain.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Imagine they're in leather and your dom.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't take it personally. If it becomes habitual then I just avoid them altogether.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.