Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

What other areas are best discovered through feelings and personal experiences besides gods/religions/relationships/whatever you label it?

Nature. Just go outside and experience nature. Take a hike. Listen to the birds. It's wonderful.

Politics, of course.

Love, Einstein.  Love.

Hope, love, preferences, motion pictures, honor, single-malt Scotch, empathy, Las Vegas, grievance, hate, tiramisu, jealousy, charity, sex, responsibility, forgiveness, accountability, dinner parties, and remorse. This list is not collectively exhaustive. Everything is best discovered through personal experience.

knowledge, understanding, love, friendship and finding things you like to do

• Dave D

Personal experiences certainly provide evidence for the people who experience them, and sometimes these experiences can be world-shaking.... for example my experience of seeing a boy whom I knew was deaf from birth receive his hearing at the touch and prayer of a "healing priest" in Worcester, Ma.  

Aside from personal experiences there is a host of evidence for God in virtually any category.  These include SCIENCE (HUGE numbers of evidence), history, logic, anthropology, public miracles, etc.

Ignoring evidence is your prerogative, but ignoring evidence is not the same thing as there not being any evidence.  I challenged atheists so far with 13 different items of evidence in my questions.  I do not hide them. 

• Den B7

Ice cream.