Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Should I be wearing a mask if I'm sitting on a bench in a popular downtown plaza doing some people watching and writing?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I see no reason why you should be wearing a mask, if you're sitting outside in the open air. Corona virus isn't an airborne disease. It's not floating around in the open air, waiting to infect you and others. 

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, it would certainly help.  Some people claim that wearing a mask makes little difference, but ANY difference is good and I would far rather play it safe than sorry.

• 3 weeks ago

Um well duh! Yes you have to wear a mask. Are you one of those morons who refuses to wear them and never wears a mask around people? It's people like you the reason why our cases go up and why we can't live a normal life from this virus. Because you refuse to follow orders.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Why are you asking us?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

yes off course

• If it's mandatory to wear a mask in public places in your area, then you should do so. 

Or if physical distancing is a challenge, you should wear a mask. 

It can survive in the air for a few minutes, water droplets (what people produce when they cough, sneeze or talk) do sink or dissipate. 

• W
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

If it is the local mandate than yes. It shows you are a responsible citizen who is as concerned for his fellow citizens as the other people with masks are with yours. Otherwise, normal people will look at you and think, 'Jerkoff.'

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

make your own decisions, don't listen to anyone else.....

• 3 weeks ago

Err on the side of being prudent (unless its a mandate) and so, yes

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes this virus can be airborne.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.