Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

Is this sentence correct? ?

"People were being threatened, beaten, effected by decease and killed, I was thinking what to do."

Should be "affected" with an "a".

No.  It should be two sentences:

People were being threatened, beaten, Affected by disease [decease  = to stop] , and killed.   I was thinking about what to do.

I think most people are assuming you are making an error between affected and effected when in fact you are trying to say they were infected. If I'm right, then you should write: People were being threatened, beaten, infected with disease, and killed......."I was thinking what to do" should be a separate sentence and, while it's grammatically correct, modern English would not use this syntax. An alternative might be, "I was wondering what I should do."

affected by disease 

is much better.

No, not by a long way.

"People were being threatened, beaten, affected by disease and killed. I was thinking what to do."

No, not by a long shot. It's "affected by disease" and everything from "I" on should be a separate sentence.

No, not at all. It's affected, not effected.

No. It's not one sentence but two that you've incorrectly spliced together with a comma. Also, "effected" and "decease" are wrong.