Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

Is this sentence correct? ?

"People were being threatened, beaten, effected by decease and killed, I was thinking what to do."

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Should be "affected" with an "a".

• 4 weeks ago

No.  It should be two sentences:

People were being threatened, beaten, Affected by disease [decease  = to stop] , and killed.   I was thinking about what to do.

• 4 weeks ago

I think most people are assuming you are making an error between affected and effected when in fact you are trying to say they were infected. If I'm right, then you should write: People were being threatened, beaten, infected with disease, and killed......."I was thinking what to do" should be a separate sentence and, while it's grammatically correct, modern English would not use this syntax. An alternative might be, "I was wondering what I should do."

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

affected by disease 

is much better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No, not by a long way.

"People were being threatened, beaten, affected by disease and killed. I was thinking what to do."

• 4 weeks ago

No, not by a long shot. It's "affected by disease" and everything from "I" on should be a separate sentence.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, not at all. It's affected, not effected.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. It's not one sentence but two that you've incorrectly spliced together with a comma. Also, "effected" and "decease" are wrong.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.