Kyle asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Stomach problems and diarrhea ?

I have been having stomach problems probably sense July 20th of last year and once a month I have a day or two where I have diarrhea. I would rarely get sick or have any problems before this, but now I get it once a month and sometimes my stomach hurts a lot and I have to throw up and I have diarrhea at the same time. I wash wondering why this could be. 

You may be experiencing Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS). This digestive disorder is now classified as IBS-Constipation and IBS-Diarrhea.If you have have problems for a year, you could have one of fifteen digestive disorders. Listing other disorders will not help you at this time because some symptoms overlap other disorders.Read and learn about this disorder first at Google. Search for IBS. If you do discover any help in identifying your problem, request your doctor refer you to a Gastroenterologist, a digestion expert. The specialist will know from your symptoms which disorders to investigate first. Do not accept you have IBS until the doctor diagnose IBS. The reason is there is no cure for IBS, so you need an expert to diagnose which disorder you are experiencing.

Good Luck.

harrald

You've developed some GI issue that needs to be diagnosed by a doctor.  You can, of course try changing your diet and see if the problem goes away.  Many people slowly develop an intolerance to some lectins like gluten and also slowly ruin the balance of bacteria in their guts. The medical terms for these conditions can include Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leak Gut Syndrome, Candida Overgrowth, Wheat Belly, etc. This can also happen as a result to taking antibiotics or having another seemingly unrelated health issue. 

So...Try going totally grain-free (wheat, oats, corn, rice, etc.) for a couple of months. No cereal or pasta or bread, etc. And no sugar of any kind dextrose, fructose, glucose, lactose, maltose, sucrose, etc. Also, consider not eating the skin and seeds of vegetables like peppers, cucumber, zucchini, and tomatoes. Start taking a basic PRE-biotic and a PRO-biotic.  See if those changes help.There are a lot of articles, blogs, and books about treating GI tract issues with dietary changes.  Just search some of the terms above and check out some resources.  Then follow the guidelines in those resources.  If you don't "cure" your problem following a new diet, see a gastroenterologist. 

There could be many reasons. You really need to see a doctor about this. One possible reason is IBS- irritable bowel syndrome. Have you tried writing down what you've eaten just before you have these spells of diarrhea? You can be sensitive to various things that cause these stomach problems. If that's true, it can be controlled by finding out what the triggers are and avoiding them.