LGBT: Do you support cutting humanitarian aid to African countries where they criminalize homosexuality?

I mean, I don't, I'd like to put pressure on countries that do criminalize us, but I feel sorry for the general population, especially children. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The issue here is to stop your government arbitrarily giving aid to governments of countries that discriminate against LGBT communities (because we know the money goes elsewhere) and support charities that directly fund the people who need it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You don't withhold aid to starving children because their country has some ****** up laws on other issues. That's immoral.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. There has to be a better way. Cut the aid and more innocent people suffer. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Humanitarian aid - no. But I would condemn  the behavior and be in favor of sanctions on the forces in the country that keep those laws in place.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately this is likely to make the most vulnerable suffer.  I emphatically do believe we should break off relations with Sa`udi Arabia though.  It's disgusting we have anything to do with them and a really good argument for renewable power sources.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, cutting humanitarian aid will cause more people to suffer.

• 4 weeks ago

They need all the support they can get to fight hunger, powerty and homos!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.