3rd faulty washing machine is my socket destroying them? UK?

The display flickers and sometimes does not turn on at all. All the machines have had the same issue.

Had 2 electricians come to do a test with the socket and apparently they passed. The last person plugged a kettle in to show me that the socket is working and the kettle turned on.

Is it just a weird coincidence that all 3 would get damaged the exact same way. 1 washing machine is from my old place and I’ve had for 5 years. Now at my new flat, washing machine 2 and 3 have developed the same problem. 

Could the socket damage my washing machines?

The last 2 washing machines were brand new.

Thanks 

• F

Name and shame. Let’s see if anyone else has had trouble with the same machine.Its not necessarily cheap makes that are unreliable ( sometimes the reverse, they are cheap because they are simpler with less fancy electronics), I’ve had a Bosch Washington machine that broke down after a week. 

I have to assume that these machine's are rated to operate on 50hz (UK elec)

I could see a problem if they are 60hz (US elec) machine's, and do not like the slower frequency. 

Since you are living in UK, I believe the electricity  power voltage  should be mostly under stable condition, unless you live in a very old old house that the wiring system were poor and close to breaking down ( loosing joints, rusty terminals..etc).

Assume the power system is fine, hence, washing machine would not damage by supply power reason, unless you were running it overload and washing non acceptable items like small carpet, heavy and thick blanket or someone even wash soft shoes with it. Some very cheap made washer might contain some poor design parts that breaking down very easy. Like the door activate Stop switch  make of plastic that would not stand a heavy close door punch and breaks ( I had one has this trouble,replaced twice and still dead and finally I bypass this junk switch and never fail again) . 

Suggest to buy a good quality one ( good brand name ) and do not wash non recommended item and never overload it !!  Pay the extension warranty  insurance to cover any future failure repair cost  might be good for you !

There is no possibility that a specific outlet can cause damage. 

However, there could be something wrong with the electricity arriving in your flat.  

A chart recorder should be used to check for spikes and surges on the line. 

It would need to run for at least a full day, and a week would be better 

to maximize the chance of catching evidence of trouble. 

If there is arc welding going on nearby, 

or if the distribution transformer feeding your flat has an internal short, 

brief bursts of excessive voltage could be impressed on the line, 

and sensitive devices (particularly electronics) could easily be damaged. 

Usually it is equipment like computers, audio systems, and TVs 

that are most affected, but modern laundry machines are also vulnerable. 

Here in the US, we could want to contact the company supplying our electricity 

and request an investigation of the problem. 

Assuming that the machine was replaced with the same model it sounds as though it is a design flaw and has nothing to do with you electrical system.

• ..

Unlikely. Maybe a loose wire. Have you tried plugging in from a different socket?