Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it normal that me and my husband dont sleep on the same bed?

We prefer to sleep alone. We rarely sleep together and we have separate rooms. We also dont communicate much. Is this normal?

That's not NORMAL for me. When we are married we supposed to spend time together and have lots of S E X. 

The first problem ⚠️ in the relationship is the lack of communications. Rest of the problem and confusion will arise due to lack of communication. 

I would recommend you two start to communicate and find out a solution for it before its too late. 

• Ricky

Yea it's fine   ...

I don't know how "normal" this is but it wouldn't work for me.  The lack of communication is as normal as divorces are because they really are part of the same problem.

• Tj

Its weird, who is the gay one?

Who wants to be "normal"?! You must do what you both want to do. However, I get the impression that you are not really happy about the situation. 

Reading books like Dr Phil McGraw's excellent Relationship Rescue helps to give us deeper insights into how relationships work. (I wish I got commission, as I recommend it to so many people!). As he writes in the book, it isn't only for people whose relationships are in trouble. There are other excellent books, of course.  

Marriages are all a bit different. Work to build the one you want. Since you say that you both (We) prefer to sleep alone, then that's what you both want. It's not anything I'd want. But I'm in my own marriage. The lack of communication and sleeping alone might, over time.. years or days depending on who you each are... lead to loneliness and detachment. Marriages rarely survive those two thing. Build the marriage you want to have, hold and cherish. 

• RP

If both of you are satisfied with your sleeping arrangement, there should be no problem, but I would suggest you pay attention to your lack of communication. Surveys of reasons for failed marriages have found that failure to communicate or poor communication is one of the most frequent causes. Assuming you want to stay married or want your marriage to be pleasant, the two of you need to consider how you can improve your communication. 

What ever works for you. I know several couples that sleep separate due to snoring or better sleep. But they get time together for nookie and are happy.

lots of people prefer to sleep alone but no the lack of communication is not a normal part of a healthy marriage. if you are living separate lives and not even communicating you are basically just room mates.