Many Christians claim "Trees prove god exists". With that as the standard, do dead children prove god does not exist?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Try again........................

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Many? I have heard statements by thousands of Christians, and I have never heard any one of them make such a ridiculous statement.

• 4 weeks ago

The 'look at the trees' argument for 'god' is an attempt at expressing disbelief that everything could exist in the way that it does, and exhibit the level of complexity that it does without guidance from an infinitely more complex 'creator'.

Of course, they have no problem inferring that this infinitely more complex 'creator' did not require creation (i.e. special pleading).

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

So I’ve been following God since 2016. The people that are on fire for God never use this as evidence. If someone used this as evidence they are not really grounded in their faith and more on the lukewarm side. 

Someone grounded in faith would share the gospel and scripture 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

close many " Christians "  assert

when asked for PROOF of "THEIR " god (s)  (  Trinity  )  just "LOOK at the TREES "  the premise foundation  is  "  THEIR "  god is the "CREATOR " 

My DOG also has a "PATTERN of BEHAVIOR "  of BARKING  at anything from a breeze  propelled  plastic grocery bag( some might assert the breeze is a SPIRIT " ) passing across our lawn to a cat or person even Birds   that dare to INVADE her PERCEIVED  DOMAIN  perhaps she is motivated by a sense of "OWNERSHIP  " ......... REALITY ..... FACTS Dead Children demonstrates Children  are not IMMUNE from DEATH ..... Christian Doctrines as do many other RELIGIONS theist or Not  play WORD games  with the  word DEATH and LIFE   with their LIFE after DEATH   ( afterlife ) CONCEPT  RELIGIONS and SPIRITUALIST  promote multiple SNP Supernatural propositions

DEATH is defined as the ACT of dying , the END of LIFE  the "TOTAL" and "PERMANENT " CESSATION  of ALL VITAL functions of an ORGANISM    as Matt Dillihunty of  of the ACA  humorously puts it the CONCEPT of a SOUL is a Lol " the most DEAD CONCEPT ( the immaterial Mind continuation assertion  ) in all of theology  with no solid EVIDENCE  of a soul     example the  studies  on patients with SPLIT BRAINS  two halves work independently   so the idea of DISEMBODIED  BRAINS  persist   what are the manifestations of the SOUL  relationship of  the brain and soul       many people  promote  CAUSE and EFFECT are DIRECT .and SINGLE . recent studies show  CAUSE is NOT always  direct or singular may be multi or stages or sequentiala Biblical argument for  DEAD children is a ALL powerful  god  that deals out punishment and KILLS  ( FLOOD  ) or    command Abraham to kill his son  Job   daughter   to die   for a  action of the god  from a human plea .. Hitchens  quote is   "the man that PRAYS is the one who THINKS  that god arranged matters ALL WRONG , but who also THINKS  that he can instruct god HOW to put them right "  (  religious arrogance )

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You make a very good point. If the guy was good enough to make trees then whatever drove him to make childhood cancer as well?

• 4 weeks ago

How would a tree prove God's existence?  I don't follow the reasoning at all.

• 4 weeks ago

Nobody want to hear your BS.

• 4 weeks ago

🥴 God intentionally flooded the earth with children in it to kill it off and start over because mankind was wicked.

God authorized the genocide of Egypts first borns because Rameses refused to free the Jewish slaves. 

God allowed Lucifer to demolish Jobs entire family to prove his loyalty. 

And God ordered the death of Isaac as proof of Abrahams loyalty. 

You're not understanding that all of mankind is Gods creation he made from dirt. We are expendable. But he tolerates us because he likes us and needs us to do his bidding in taking care of the earth. 

Point being.... children are a small fraction of the importance of mankind. 

🥴 And I don't like kids anyway. No tears shedding from me. 

Although, I think tons of Atheists use the 'dead kids' excuse to have a reason to blame God or stop believing in him. 

Get a life and another hobby.

• TayTay
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

All things die, that's just a reality doesn't mean there is no God because bad things happen, in fact many children are killed because of things like abortion and wickedness

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.