Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

Does Deontay Wilder deserve any respect?

Wilder has only fought with underdogs before fighting Fury. The worst part is that Deontay Wilder blames his loss on his heavy suit, this is childish. I'm sure Wilder won't be able to defeat Fury next time. Fury will KO Wilder within 5 rounds. 

Wilder can only show his courage to underdogs like Stiverne, Liakhovich, Szplika and Audley Harrison.

Favorite Answer

Let's see.

His resume is the weakest of the current top 4 heavyweights.

He reigned as champ for about 5 years I think yet never managed to have any unification fights.

He made excuses after losing to Fury.

But he gave Ortiz two shots at the belt even though he popped hot.

He made a voluntary defence against Tyson Fury and dropped him twice.

He flew to Russia to defend his title against Povetkin.

He has triggered the immediate rematch clause vs Fury despite being stopped for the first time in his career.

He never quit against Fury and was angry that the towel came in.

So I'm gonna say yes he does.

• Adam

Any fighter who has the stones to get in the ring deserves respect. Most of us wouldn't do it. And hes had a good career. Those fighters are decent fighters to get where they are. Yes he lost to fury, no shame there. He does deserve respect