tokiko asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 month ago

If I bought books from Japan online on July 5,2020 and it was ship on July 8,2020 how days until it comes?

• Quinn

There is no way to predict it. Cargo ships do not sail according to a fix date, but when they are fully loaded. That's because any empty spaces means money loss. So they wait until they are packed to capacity then sail out of port. But even then, they may make several stops to more than one port and not simply go straight from Japan to the US. 

Furthermore, once it arrives in US port (or any port), the cargo has to be unloaded and the people who do that get paid the same wage regardless of how many containers they offload so they only do the minimal per day.

Then there is the Custom inspections to make sure no contraband is smuggled into the country and this can take anywhere from 3 to 5 business days.

After all that, the bumbling US Postal Service takes over and it is anybody's guess how long it will take them to deliver a package. I had a parcel that took the USPS 2 weeks to deliver it to me and it was mailed from less than 80 miles from my home.

• ?

Depends on the shipping method, and where its being sent to. Yahoo answers is an internationally accessible site, you could be asking this question from almost anywhere in the world