Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

What are the benefits of never having kids?

-I mean voluntarily choosing not to have kids or being childfree.

In terms of career, finances, happiness in life, stress levels etc.

I ask this because I never wanted to be a mom.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

More-sleep

More-time-for-yourself

Less-stress

Greater-ability-to-focus-on-your-career-or-other-interests

Freedom-to-travel-during-off-peak-times

More-money-(no-need-to-spend-money-on-summer-camps,-childrens-clothing-or-activities,-birthday-and-Christmas-gifts,-or-college)

Ability-to-live-where-you-want-(no-need-to-consider-quality-of-schools,-access-to-kid-activities,-etc.)

Less-time-spent-picking-up-and-cleaning

No-post-baby-weight-gain

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It’s cheaper for sure.  Lonely when all your friends are gone i suppose.  Boring when you have nothing to do.  I suppose it depends on what you see a positive

• sdc_99
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you want kids, the benefits of not having them will never be enough.  If you don't want them, the benefits of having them won't make up for the loss of freedom, money, and self.  Figure out what you want and follow that.

• Nat
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Less stress. More time to travel. Less strain on a marriage, probably. 

I feel like it only gets kind of sad when you're old. It's probably helpful to have a niece or nephew you're close to 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

More money and more time to do what you want. 

Happiness and stress are subjective and individual.   There is no evidence that people who have kids (or who don't have kids) are happier. 

• 1 month ago

tight kitty...................

• 1 month ago

It’s good that you can admit that, rather than give into pressure. Had other women been so brave, we wouldn’t have s many dysfunctional people in this world. Obviously without children, one can focus better on career, live in areas they’d prefer, save or spend accordingly, entertain, lead a lifestyle different from that of a parent, travel, and have greater independence 

• M.P.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I don't know because I chose to have kids. But it is incredibly difficult and if you're not 100% sure then definitely don't have any, even people who are super sure end up doubting themselves. The up side of not having any kids is freedom, more money, less worry & stress, ability to travel, to find yourself and pursue your dreams.The downside, being pitied later on in life by friends with families, possible regrets when it's too late, dying alone with no one to care for you. But if your focus is your career and you do make a lot of money, you could definitely afford a good nursing home and a lawyer to sort out your paperwork. In the end, it doesn't really matter, it's how you choose to live your life and what you gained from it, kids or not, just enjoy the journey, on your own terms. And if you don't want to be a mother, don't let anyone pressure you or make you feel bad, it's unfortunate that it's still being done to women - guys never get this sort of pressure, they're still free to just be carefree bachelors. Enjoy your life, i respect your choice and i wish you well.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Saving the world from bad parents

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I can't think of any ...........................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.