Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Has your friend ever vote shamed you? Or made you feel not worth their time? ?

Vote shaming is usually referring to those who shame others for choosing to not vote, but I think it could also include shaming you on who you chose to vote for. 

My close friend who is not so close anymore, tried to make me feel bad for the way I voted. And when I gave her my reasoning and explanation of why voting any other way would be detrimental to me and my company, she still pressed on with a look in her eyes of disgust and the evening ended pretty terribly because of it. 

I’m not looking for advice on what I should tell her. I’ve decided to end the friendship without telling her after a couple other episodes of her attitude but especially always being glued to her phone (talking to one of the two guys she’s dating at the same time and lightly chatting other friends) while I’m right beside trying to talk to her. I just feel she is too preoccupied with herself to try and see how I see it. 

I’m just wondering If anyone has dealt with a similar type of person. 

Nope,sadly I never did.

• M.P.

Yes.I vividly remember not caring.