Chance of pregnancy the day of ovulation?

I didn’t have sex the day before ovulation but I had sex the day of ovulation & for 3 days straight After that as well. I’m scared I missed it and was too late... I’ve been trying for a couple months . I believe I ovulate on July 4th, i have 29 day cycle & hopefully I didn’t ovulate any earlier than the 4th !!!  As tho I didn’t have any sex on the 1st 2nd or 3rd of July .... 

Favorite Answer

The egg only lives 12 to 24 hours.

If you are using an app to predict your ovulation day - that is ONLY A GUESS based on your past information and based on AVERAGE WOMEN. 

The AVERAGE WOMAN will ovulate about 14 days before the next period.

BUT - anything from 10 days to 16 days before the period - ovulation is possible. Unless you are tracking YOUR exact symptoms of ovulation - you really don't know if you are average or slightly early or slightly late.  

Basically - you do not know what day you ovulate on.  You are using a method that only guesses.  This should still work to help indicate when to have sex - but you should really have sex during the five days BEFORE the predicted ovulation instead of waiting for the day of predicted ovulation.

Sperm can live for up to five days and still fertilize the egg when it arrives.

You might have had sex at the right time.  You'll just need to wait and see.  If you get your period - be sure to start having sex sooner next month to increase  your chances.  (your chances would increases greatly if you have sex once every three days anytime you are not having a period. - So if you are not bleeding - have sex once every three days)

Good luck.