liz asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

I crashed my bicycle & now the wheel is too close to the frame.?

The fork doesn't seem bent. I can't turn my handle bars because the wheel rubs against my feet. I ran into a pole. I wasn't going to fast. 

Im taking to the bike shop. No need to be a mean human. Im asking on here anyway.

• D50

Are you just describing the results of your crash or are you asking a question? You don't have to be going very fast to ruin your bike with a head-on crash. Just like a car. It might be fixable, but modern bike makers like aluminum and plastic frames because they cannot be straightened, only replaced.

• pmt853

Presumably you are asking for advice on fixing this. Try posting again with a picture of the damaged area. Does the wheel rotate freely or does it or the tyre rub against the frame, brakes or mudguard? If in doubt take it to a professional bike shop and het it fixed properly.

Jib Jab gave a very good comparison.  And you're criticizing him?  99.9% of all questions asked in the cycling section can be answered in five words.  Go to a bicycle shop.  In short...the internet won't fix your bike.   See link... https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/z6QzYh2I5h...     

I'm not trying to insult you but generally those who have to ask lack the skill and/or tools to do the repairs.  Go to a reputable bicycle shop. All too often the unskilled will do even more damage trying to do a repair. 

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.

Remove wheel. then put it back. Still no good? Go to a bike shop for a proper repair.