Restaurant took picture of my friends plate?

We ordered food through doordash, PAID FOR IT for pickup, and go to the window to pickup the food - manager comes out confirming our name and says “ you cancelled the order?” Were like no and showing the order being active on our phones and he again goes “ but it’s cancelled” and he takes a picture of my friends plate and goes back inside and we just awkwardly leave. 

Can he do anything w/ the plate picture? We paid for the food on doordash I don’t know why he would have think we cancelled and take a pic of the plate for what? We just awkwardly left 

• Foofa

Most menus, be they physical or online, show pictures of the dishes. He may have just thought your meal was a particularly photogenic example and wanted to capture its image for later commercial use, as is his right as the restauranteur. As for the erroneous cancellation, that sounds like a glitch in the app you used to place the order. 

Clearly there was some kind of mistake.  Perhaps some other order was cancelled.  Maybe someone hit the wrong key.  That happens a lot.  A lot of restaurants are not exactly paragons of organization.  If the restaurant is busy, they can't always have someone drop what he's doing to investigate. 

I would say at the very least,  you're entitled to a refund from Doordash.