Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Why is testing for the COVID19 virus so important - if you have no symptoms?

Aren't you more likely to be exposed to the virus during testing than staying at home?

Favorite Answer

it make sense   to have symptoms of a virus before being tested. I believe testing is not always free, and some people wait at home and their symptoms increase, and some die. I am a military veteran, and I get free medical treatment for life. I live 9 miles from the VA Hospital in Houston, so if I begin to have symptoms of coronavirus, I drive 9 miles for testing. I am prime age for the coronavirus, 85, and I have A+ blood type. These factors put me in danger, but I survived two stomach-cancer operations, and I am in excellent shape for my age. I made a new will in May should the virus take me. I am single, live alone with no family, and I have outlived my relatives and school and college classmates and friends. "Life is hard, then you die."

harrald

• Edna

Isn't it amazing!  COVID-19 is supposed to be such a highly infectious and  DEADLY disease, but yet you don't have a clue that have it unless you get tested.

Because you can be carrying the virus with no symptoms

Because if you have it and don't know, you will go about infecting many others.

And, your second question is beyond ignorant.

What we've learned is that if you get COVID, even if it will kill you soon, you don't feel it for 10 days to 2 weeks.  So you can spread it to your family and friends even before you know you have it.

Stats show the average COVID victim infects two more people.  This is why the disease has spread so rapidly, going from 15 cases to THREE MILLION cases in about 4 months.

• Scott

Drive through testing is fairly cheap (usually free) and it helps detect asymptomatic people.